The Dragon's Den provides, (but not limited to) the following interventions and supportive services:
•10-15 min Brain Breaks
• Lounge Area
• Short-Term Counseling Services (Individual/Group)
• Social Service Needs Assessments/Linkages
• Empowerment/Educational Workshops
• Student and Family Advocacy & Case Management
• Special Interest Activity Groups (Art, Mindfulness, Yoga etc.)
• Basic Needs Closet (Snacks/Toiletries/School Supplies)
• Community Resources for students and families
• Classroom & Staff Presentations
Follow Sato Dragon's Den on Instagram!
The mission at The Dragon's Den is to empower students to promote and manage their own social, emotional, and physical health while striving to support all areas of their lives that may impact their academic potential. We provide free, confidential services while connecting students, families, and staff to vital community resources. The vision is to provide a range of resources to support students and families in meeting the challenges of adolescence through prevention, early-intervention and education, in a safe and convenient place –at school.
Students can drop-in to The Dragon's Den before and after school, during lunch, and during instructional time. Visits during instructional time will be 5-15 minutes and utilized for students who are experiencing social/emotional distress, need a brief counseling check-in, or brain break. Students may also utilize The Dragon's Den based on a staff, family, or self-referral. Once the referral form is completed, the School Social Worker will contact the student to set up an appointment for services.
The Wellness Center has already been serving many students, and we are so excited to be able to offer support to our campus community.